Friday, March 11, 2011

Best Friends

Webster's Dictionary defines friend this way:
A. one attached to another by affection or esteem
B: one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)
C: a favored companion


I was able to talk to an old friend today,
and it brought back a lot of memories.
I lived so much of the formative years of my life
with her by my side.
I hadn't talked to her in over 12 years,
and really spent any time with her in well over 16
(wow that makes me feel so old).
It was so great to hear that she was doing well!

When we are kids,
we do a lot of things that don't make any sense.
We fight with our friends over things that don't matter.
Blame it on the raging hormones,
the inexperience,
or the naivete.
It doesn't really matter why,
but it is how we grow
and hopefully learn how to not make the same mistakes again.

To my dear Friend.
I miss you.
I hope that you know
that you will ALWAYS hold
a special place in my heart.
I know that we both did and said things
that we wished we could take back.
I could never and did never
hate you;
Much the opposite actually.
I want to make it VERY clear
that your were such a blessing in my life.
When I think of our friendship,
I am not filled with regret,
I am filled with
Gratitude.

Thank you for being my Friend.




No comments: