Friday, June 26, 2009

ADVENTURES ON CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN

We live at the base of Cheyenne Mountain.
It is absolutley beautiful.
I was 8 the last time I lived near mountains,
and even then I wasn't as close as we are now
and Brett grew up living near a very large mountain,
so he loves it.
A week and a half ago we decided to drive up a little ways on the mountain
and have a picnic.
It was a total of 4 miles from our driveway to where we stopped for our picnic.
The scenery was amazing!


This is a view of our street through from the mountain through my zoom lens.
The girls going on a hike.


Brett and Jack
Ready for some hiking
Having a picnic
The kids getting ready to go for a short hike.
So we got done eating and while we were gathering all the picnic stuff up and carrying it back to the car, we let the kiddos go down the trail a little ways.
Suddenly Liberty came running back yelling
"Snake! There's a Snake! Snake!"
So Brett took off running to where Madison and Spencer where still playing on the trail.
In my head I am thinking that my imaginative 5 year old has seen a very "snake-like-stick".
I look down the trail and I see a very serious Brett shooing the kids away from where they were just playing.
Once the kids where safely away, Brett walked me back to see the "snake".
He had to point it out to me when it was right in front of me it blends in so well. It was a baby rattle snake. We were very proud of Liberty for acting the way she did when she saw it. She did just the right thing. Spencer on the other hand was a few feet away from it, crouched down looking at it. Liberty quite possibly saved her brother a lot of pain, or even his life.
That was the beginning to our
Adventures in Colorado!


1 comment:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

i loved when we talked to Liberty that night, that she told us the snake story over and over to make sure we knew it was a baby rattle snake! we love you guys!