Saturday, July 4, 2009

LAND THAT I LOVE

I know it may sound a little prideful
but I live in the greatest country in the world.
I have always felt this way.
My husband keeps asking me
"But Honey, wouldn't it be exciting to live in (fill in name of other country here)?"
And my answer is always
"Maybe for a little while, as long as we come back soon."
This country is BEAUTIFUL
I am a little sheltered, so I don't know for sure if there is another country with almost every type of landscape; from Desert to Mountains to Rolling Plains,
but I do know that there is nowhere I would rather live.
Regardless of how I feel about the current Government Administration
the things that make this country great are still in place:
The People
The Freedom
The Liberty
The Brave Men and Women who gave
and are now willing to give EVERYTHING in its defense
(of which I have the great privilage of being married to one)
I thank Heavenly Father every day for letting me be born here,
to raise my children here
and for protecting us all in this great land;
Land that I LOVE!
We have been taking our family picture on the fourth of July ever since Liberty was one.
Here we are in front of our home.



Our four little Americans!



"I'm the first American my parents had, so they named me Liberty!"



"Born to be free!"



"What!?! WHO did you say is President!?!
Even I'm more qualified than him!"



"All American Boy!"


2 comments:

Lee said...

Cute! I like the quote from you little guy.

Amanda said...

i enjoyed my travels abroad but there's no place like home. cute kiddos. I bet they keep you buuusy.