Tuesday, July 28, 2009

America the Beautiful Park

We recently went to a new park here in Colorado Springs (there are so many of them) and have a very fun day there. There was a super sweet playground and a cool fountain. We had so much fun! The Park was named after the song written by Katharine Lee Bates, who was inspired by Colorado Springs and the nearby mountains to write this beautiful anthem.


Amen Katharine. Amen.

Super Cool Dude
There are so many lilies here - I LOVE the colors of this one.

The very cool fountain. It rotated slowly...very cool. We did find out the hard way that you could not go up to it, just around it.

Jumping Libby

Jumping Maddy

This is how we found out you could not go up there.
Libby got in trouble for this picture.

My super "handsome man"


Sweet Baby Jack

Just hanging out

Maddy doing her favorite thing at the park.

Spencer doing his favorite thing at the park.

We recently discovered the Spencer can fly!
One of his many super powers (screaming being another of them)

We can't get the kid on the ground! He just loves to fly!
Our Handsome Man - off to save the world!

I made the kids pose for this, and as you can see - they weren't too into it.

Baby Jack
When I looked at this after I took it, he reminded me sooo much of my big brother Jay.
And as a bonus...new family pic's!
Finally all six of us!
Spencer had to hold the guitar or else he would cry.
Sweet Baby Jack's 6 month old pic's

Spencer's two year old pic's - he was crying in all of them.
(Serious stranger anxiety)


4 comments:

The Peters Family said...

Very cool that your boy can fly!
Fun post!

Jay and Sherrie said...

Ah, that Jack sure is a looker! We love you guys!

Jones Clan said...

I really need to meet the rest of your kids, it drives me crazy when I see pics of you guys and I have no clue what they are like. I wonder how long it is from Sacramento to Colorado springs.....

Amanda said...

those boys are getting so big!