Monday, July 6, 2009

SOFT AS A COW

My Little Girl is growing up way too fast.
On Friday she lost her very first tooth
It was the first she got as a baby
and it was the first to go.
This just as my youngest is starting to cut his first tooth.
Ahh, the circle of life.
Anyhow, so July 3rd was the first tooth,
and I looked in her mouth yesterday
to see how it was healing
and I noticed that the permanent teeth below the tooth she lost
AND the one below the one next the tooth she lost
were both pushing through her gums.
The other tooth was really wiggly too
so I decided it needed to come out.
Liberty did not agree.
To say she threw a ROYAL fit is quite an understatement.
After struggling with her for about 15 min's
and trying to get her to let me yank it out of her
mouth with a string
I finally convinced her to let me try to pull it out with
with my fingers and a paper towel.
Here's how the conversation went:
Me: "Liberty, if I am really careful,
can I try to pull it out with my fingers?"
Liberty:"Will you do it soft?"
Me:"Yes"
(start to pull.she pulls away.)
Liberty:"Soft as a cloud?"
Me:"Yes, soft as a cloud."
(start to pull-she pulls away.)
Liberty:"Soft as a Kitten?"
Me:"Yes soft as a kitten."
(start to pull. she pulls away)
Liberty:"Wait Mom, Wait! Soft as a cow!?"
....ummmm....
me:trying not to let her see me laugh
"Yes Libby, soft as a cow."
Liberty:"Okay then."
So I start to pull again, only this time I've got a really good grip
and when she throws her head back really hard to get away
her tooth pops out.
As she is looking in the mirror and calming down
I say to her
"You know Liberty - you pulled that tooth.
I just held it and YOU yanked it out."
She looks at me and very matter-of-a-factly says
"I know Mom. That's what you call teamwork."



3 comments:

The Peters Family said...

Thanks for your comments!
Your kids are adorable too!
Soft as a cow?...now that is awesome.

J and D said...

Hahaha! What a SMARTIE! She's so cute!

Tamra said...

That's hilarious. ... And I love the photos of the scenery by your new home. So beautiful!!